Most power boats and sail boats are made of fiberglass, finished with a gel-layer coating that can be easily stained and damaged with traditional cleaning chemicals. In addition to the oxidizing of the gel-coat, wooden & metal surfaces require regular cleaning- the battle to keep rust & rot at bay is constant. Winter damage and water intrusions creates cracks or mold in hard to reach areas, but vapor-steam, with its low pressure and safe temperature, is the best tool for boat cleaning and prepping jobs. The light pressure penetrates and safely blasts away debris from surfaces. Tests reveal disinfection after treating surfaces with vapor-steam; thus, cleaning with the Optima Steamer offers many advantages over alternative methods.
Boat owners have additional maintenance that they need to consider. They must to clean and wax the hull by removing barnacles and other contaminants before applying marine-wax with UV inhibitors. Not to mention repainting the bottom of the boat with anti-fouling paint every year as a normal expense, regardless of salt or fresh water. Vapor-steam will not save you from these vital steps in boat maintenance, but it will make the job more simple and more efficient. With the application of the Optima Steamer’s vapor-steam, barnacles loosen from the boat surface, mold is completely mitigated and waxes are preserved and rejuvenated, so you get the most out of your labor!
Like automobiles, powerboats require cleaning and servicing frequently. Modern engines almost require cleaning with vapor-steam, a cleaning method that’s safe with today’s sophisticated electronics and sensitive infrastructures. Boating is a beautiful recreation and sport, but a properly maintained boat will prevent expensive consequences and assure a much stronger re-sale value.
- Consume as little as 1 gallon of water per car wash
- No over spray or waste water runoff
- Deodorize and sterilize surfaces
- Remove, dirt, stains and grease
- Remove stains from upholstery in less time and using less water than an extractor
- Clean interiors, exteriors, engine compartments, door jams, floor mats, tires, trunks, upholstery, wheel wells, and hard to reach nooks and crannies
- Eliminate waste water
- Chemical-free sanitation
- Two operators can clean at once
- 30’ (10m) of hose length (upgradeable up to 20m)
- Adjustable moisture control valve
- Easy to operate and maintain
- Reduce the need for chemical cleansers
- Reduce the time spent scrubbing vehicle surfaces
- Wash without getting your feet wet
- Automated boiler and safety features